In terms of the success of your business, your financial goals are in many ways a measure of exactly how well you expect to be doing. If you don’t set realistic and attainable goals for your new business you won’t be able to measure your progress and in-turn will be making a HUGE financial mistake with your business.
So let’s look at 5 ways to set goals you can actually hit:
1. Set SMART Goals
- Specific- Your goal must be clear and well defined.
- Measurable-Identify exactly what it is you will see, hear and feel when you reach your goal.
- Attainable- If there’s no way you can reach your goal, you’re setting yourself up for failure.
- Relevant- Goals should be relevant to the direction you want your life and career to take.
- Time Bound- enables tracking of progress and breaking a goal down into chunks of work that can be completed over time.
2. Put it in Writing
- Write it down
- Map it out
- Make a spreadsheet
- Draw a picture
It’s difficult if not impossible to set and attain a goal with out a clear vision of that goal.
3. Motivation is the Key
- When you set goals for yourself, it is important that they motivate you: this means making sure that they are important to you, and that there is value in achieving them.
4. POA (Plan of Action)
- Having goals without a plan of action is like trying to complete a complex project without a project plan.
- Ask yourself.. How do you plan on accomplishing your goal?
5. Grind till you reach it!
- Now you have a goal, you have a plan, you can visual see it….now work your ass off to get it done!