Wondering what to ask in your survey?
Here are few sample questions that should help get the conversations going.
Team Members (Engagement Questions):
- How would you rate the way your organization makes use of your strengths?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how transparent are we when it comes to the company’s performance?
- Are you proud to work for our organization?
- Has a manager given you any recognition in the past month?
- Does your management team set clear goals?
- Do you feel like you have the opportunity to improve your skills?
Management (Engagement Questions):
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how cohesive is the management team?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how connected do you feel with your coworkers?
- Describe our culture with one word.
- Would you refer someone to work here?
- Name three perks you liked best about your previous employer.
Customer (Service Questions):
- Please rate the service provided by…
- Did your representative resolve your issue completely?
- Please rate how clearly the representative communicated.
- Was your inquiry resolved in a timely manner?
- On a scale of 1-10, how easy did [company] make it to handle your issue?
Customer (Product Questions):
- On a scale of 1-10, how well does our product meet your needs?
- What product features are the most valuable to you?
- On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the value of our product for the money spent?
- Did our product/services meet your expectations today?
- Which of the following words would you use to describe our product?
Community (Change Questions):
- Are you over the age of 18, and a member of this household?
- How long have you been at your current address?
- In one word, how would you describe the current community?
- What changes would you like to see in the coming year?
- Do you feel like your community gets enough support from the government?
Of course these are just examples, please feel free to use them. If you want to see how to create your own Survey check out my blog here!