C&M Social Marketing
The phrase is sweeping the country and even the world right now.
But what does this New Normal look like for business?
What does it mean for Customer Service?
It looks a lot like the worst #customer #service experience you’ve ever seen.
I’m going to give you an example:
Recently I ordered a pizza from the well known Papa Johns, it was late, I didn’t want to cook and I love pizza! I jumped on the app to begin my delivery order and I get a message that reads:
“All app and online orders use No Contact Delivery. To opt out or use cash, uncheck “Leave order at my door” and please remember to tip when checking out.”
How can we still have complete customer satisfaction if we are scared to speak with each other or even interact?
In order to have complete customer satisfaction in any industry we have to follow four simple rules:
- Make it a personal.
- Interact with your customers.
- Provide a Service/Product
So how do we do this in the middle of a world wide #pandemic?
How do we stay safe and still provide customer satisfaction?
Instead of conforming to “The New Normal”….Be “The New Exceptional“!
- Talk to your customers!
- Encourage them to follow your safety protocols in way that shows you are helping them
- Don’t demand change from your customer base, show them the benefits of the changes
- You can still hold a conversation while wearing a mask, you can still speak to your customers
- Remember your customers are people and herding them in lines like cattle is hurting your brand
- Have engagement staff, staff that is trained in customer satisfaction and safety protocols
- Speak with your employees about more than just safety. In other words, not just safety meetings
- Encourage your employees to still carry the brand you’ve always been
- Reward your employees for maintaining customer satisfaction while still being safe
The New Normal isn’t working and when the smoke clears, people will remember how you treated them during this Pandemic. So be the brand you’ve always strived to be and don’t shy away from that. We are all in this together and if we don’t make these changes now, I’m afraid we are heading towards a world we don’t want to see.