2. Make sure that your children have your full attention when they first wake up! Give them hugs and kisses. Enjoy some snuggling and laughter. Make them breakfast. These are precious times that may not always be here. Give your children the gift of being present.
3. Develop a routine with your kids. Keep your schedule essentially the same every day, but don’t be a slave to the timeclock. Each morning, set up a selection of fun things for them to do that will keep them happily entertained such as educational apps on a tablet, table toys, play dough, watercolors, movies or a little indoor sandbox with digging toys.
5. Don’t devote a set block of time to your work each day. Instead, have certain objectives, such as “I will work for 5 hours today.” Work during naptime. Sneak a few minutes during lunch or whenever the children are happily playing.
6. Allow for some flexibility, but don’t just abandon your work if the kids are not cooperating. You can be creative. Take them outside for a while or go for a walk. Let them move with you and they will most likely give you the downtime you need to get some work done.
8. Try to save things that can be done after hours, such as internet work, filing, paperwork, checking emails etc. for when they have gone to bed. You will find that an hour of quiet working time will enable you to catch up.
10. Enjoy the journey! Life is simply too important to waste being stressed about your business. Our children, their happiness and comfort are far more important than any business, meeting or agenda you may have for today.